Monday 16 March 2015

Photography Project

Photography Project
The reason why I have chosen this photo for my studio project is because skateboarding really inspires me, ever since I was young I've always loved skateboarding so this was the main reason why I've chosen skateboarding for thing project, How I set up the lighting and how I took the photo is easy, first I decided to lay it flat on the floor but thought I doesn't look right with the lighting shining on the main surface of the board, so I decided to lay it on its back while I've got a nice shadow of the pink wheel reflecting the shadow onto the bottom part of the board, with the detail in place I took the first shot but thought it was a bit too bright so I set the it to manual focus and set the camera to 1/10 F13 then going into the main menu White balance, Fluorescent  and set it on Day White Fluorescent  and dimmed the light tot the standards I needed it to dimed While the board was laying on the chair I decided to zoom in to the truck and the wheel and manually focused onto the wheel more than anything else to I can get the detail of the shadow and the trucks.
I took the shot but what I like about the photo the most is that how you can see the details of the scratches and damage the skateboard has been threw and how you can see the deep scratches on the trucks it’s self, I also like how you can see the hand coming together with the outline of the leaf has a nice tone of green to it, I think the green background gives it that little boost to the colour of the leaf and the shadow of the skateboard behind the skateboard.

What I could have done to improve the photo was to dime the lighting I was using called the soft box to give it a darker tone to the photo I think it would of gave the photo a bit more detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment